Register Death certificates issued from abroad in Egypt require a number of procedures that we will learn about in this topic. Perhaps you know that in order to prove the demise of these people to the relevant authorities and avoid the repercussions, one of the most important government documents that the citizen is interested in obtaining for his relatives is the death certificate. For this reason, we will go over how to obtain the death certificate and who is responsible for issuing it.
Register Death Certificates issued from abroad in Egypt
The need for a death certificate is significant because it plays a crucial role in establishing the death of its owner in court.
This has a number of consequences, but one of the most significant is, for example, the ability to apply for the deceased’s pension, which is based in large part on the death certificate.
The death certificate, which serves as the starting point for the inheritance notification processes, is the original document that details how the deceased’s assets will be divided. As a result, we have taken care to present to you a very important and relevant Hadith, which is: Register death certificates issued from abroad in Egypt.
How to register Death Certificates issued from abroad in Egypt?
To get an Egyptian death certificate in any nation, whether Arab or foreign, a number of processes must be performed, according to the Civil Status Department of the Egyptian Ministry of Interior.
The Ministry of Interior Services Guide states that in order to acquire a death certificate, the following four crucial papers must be obtained, filled out, filed and received:
- Request for Lost Registration of Death on Form 27.
- An official letter from the Consular Department or the authentic overseas death certificate.
- A statement in writing that the deceased retained his Egyptian citizenship up to the time of his passing.
- The forms are available for purchase at any branch or office of the Civil Status Authority.
An illustrative example of how to obtain death certificates for Egyptians in the United States of America and to obtain a permit to transfer the body to Egypt.
When an Egyptian passes away, the mission is notified with great care and attention, and it then takes every attempt to assist with the required arrangements.
Issuing a licence to send a body to Egypt:
Permission to transfer the corpse must be one of the documents that accompany the body in the event that the deceased’s family wants to send the body to Egypt.
- A death certificate from the USA.
- A document attesting that the death was not caused by an infectious illness such (as cholera, plague, yellow fever, or smallpox).
- The certification attests to the body’s embalming and box placement in conformity with international health regulations.
- Permission to move and bury the body from US authorities.
The dead person’s Egyptian passport must be presented to the embassy’s consular office with the documentation attached. If the documents cannot be delivered in person, they must be mailed using the appropriate urgent method.
Following receipt of the necessary paperwork, the Consulate will interpret the American death certificate, ratify it, revoke the owner’s passport, approve the certificates that are attached, and provide permission for the body to be transported to the Arab Republic of Egypt (and this is done free of charge).
Read More: What is IP licence? From A to Z
Important steps to register death certificates issued from abroad in Egypt:
Register death certificates issued from abroad in Egypt are issued for citizens who pass away abroad:
- The certificate request submit within thirty days after death
If the notice and the certificate request are submitted within thirty days after death, the family of the dead may seek the issuing of a death certificate through the consular department, and this is done free of charge. Paperwork needed for this includes the following:
The deceased’s passport (to indicate its cancellation due to death and to take a true copy of it).
American death certificate.
Fill out the application and form provided by the consulate for this purpose, and provide a certified copy of the applicant’s passport in order to get the death certificate.
The following procedures must be followed when requesting register death certificates issued from abroad in Egypt after more than 30 days have passed since the date of death:
- For a charge of $20 either in cash or by check, a request is made to the consulate to get a Request for Death Registration (Form No. 27).” Money orders made out to the consulate are acceptable.
- The applicant fills out only the first page of the “Death Registration Request He fills out (Form No. 27) form and delivers it to the consulate with the required documentation.
- The deceased’s passport (to indicate its cancellation due to death and to take a true copy of it).
- American death record.
- A genuine copy of the applicant’s passport’s first few pages.
- The prior papers are sent by the consulate to the Ministry of Interior’s Civil Status Department, which then extracts the death certificate and provides it to the embassy for distribution to the owners.
- The response from the Ministry of Interior takes at least six weeks to come.
Obtaining a certified copy of an Egyptian death certificate:
The official extract of the death certificate is a full statement of an Egyptian death certificate that has previously been extracted for it and filed with the Egyptian Ministry of Interior. The following steps are required to receive the Egyptian death certificate extract:
- A $20 cash or payable check is sent to the consulate along with a request for a form requesting an official extract of an Egyptian death certificate. For each death certificate sought, money order must be sent in the name of the Egyptian Consulate in order to get the form known as “Application to Obtain a Copy of a Document or Document (Form No. 40).”
- The applicant must complete the information on the application form for getting a copy of a document or papers and send it to the Consulate with the accompanying supporting documentation:
A duplicate of the deceased person’s death certificate from Egypt.
A genuine copy of the applicant’s first two pages of their Egyptian passport.
For postal requests, a properly sized envelope with the sender’s name, address, and postage stamps required to deliver the death certificate must be sent by the person’s preferred method of mail.
- In order to fill out the form “A copy of the death record full data (Form 20 A)” and send it to the embassy for delivery to its owners, the consulate transmits the preceding papers to the Civil Status Department at the Ministry of Interior.
The Ministry of Interior typically responds within six weeks at the most.
Read More: Searching for estates: 8 general factors to consider before buying